nurse life

Monday, October 09, 2006

Breathe

Just as I thought I can finally catch my breath, I found out I still have a million and one things to do before I am officially a nurse. I need to register with the state, which is a hassle in its own rite. You have to attach your official transcript with clinical hours and degree classification. You also have to accquire your mode of conduct form and attach it aswell as birth certificate and photocopy of Id card and a CV. Its such a lengthy procedure that the secratary at the nursing school actually had to email me an instruction guide! At least I was given that.


I met 2 diploma students who didnt manage to pass. I felt so sad. I looked at them and a voice inside of me said "It could have easily been me." But then another voice said "No, it couldn't. You worked so hard on all factors. You didn't just improve physical nursing skills. You fought the most challenging mental battle in your short life. Everything about you changed. Your soul got scarred, which happens to anyone who chases and gets what he or she wants."

So I took a breath. Then I walked away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home