nurse life

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Just give me something to hold on to...

Well, the resit is soon here, on the 13th of september. I know its silly, but I checked what my horoscope is going to be for that day. It said "Today is the day some action that you will do will make a difference to your community."

I am not a superstitious person. But to make a difference is really why I went into nursing in the first place. A lot of shit has happened in my life...most of the time it has been other people, even my own family, who have caused life to give me a bad turn. And yet I still love people and I still have this naive belief that all people are good. And I also believe that everyone deserves a second chance.

Sometimes I think I lost sight of what I went into nursing for. For some reason I got clouded. I never did it for personal gain, for personal success or to make money. I did it to help those less fortunate.

However I know I'm no saint. I also did it to escape from my own problems, through emersing myself in other people's. That way I never had to confront my difficulties.

I honestly do not know if that is really such a bad thing. Its true that perhaps I am a bit of a Houdini when it comes to real life. Yet nobody can accuse me of being self-indulgent.

Give me a chance to hold on.
Give me a chance to hold on.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 06, 2006, Blogger Coemgen said...

Well, you should snap out of the all-people-are-good-attitude. On the contrary, some are mean and will do something bad to others just for the fuck of it.

Regs being clouded, you did not lose your ideal yet. It is just the stress that is upon you that makes you feel so. Things will brighten up soon, you'll see.

Nursing, if not yet, will teach you two ways how to go about other people's problems. You either leave yours behind and try to solve others' (but this is short term, it will wear you out) or settle your own and be so better able to focus on helping them. None of them is easy and many do not ever manage. The difference you might have already noticed between those who manage and those who don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home