nurse life

Sunday, February 19, 2006

We've been struck by a smooth hindu with love handles.

Well, my life isn't all about nursing and sometimes on the weekends I am even able to forget about nursing altogether. However this is only possible through the antics of my friends but mostly my family. Friday was the apex of my weekend.

Friday evening: My brother is a librarian to an international school. That night, his school put on a talent show so he had to go out earlier than usual. My sister and I were watching DVDs when he comes in, wearing only his black cordorouys. My bro was once quite chub-chub, but then he lost a ton of weight, and even though he lost loads, his man-boobs still persist. He came to ask fashion advice of my sister and I. When I looked at him, I said "Bob, you have love-handles! But don't worry, me and Yvonne (my sis) have them too! Hahahahahah!" He replied "oh well, I always had them" and he CUPPED HIS INDIE TITS! My sis and I fell on the floor laughing! Then my dad came in and Yvonne said "Dad, do you know what love handles are?" My dad turned red so I told him "Its nothing rude, so don't even go there." So he thought a little and said "Ah, yes!....Ears!" Once again, we couldn't contain ourselves. I told my sis that I guess men just don't know what love handles are. So as a final test we asked my man and he said "Yeah, the fat around a girls hips...I have them too." Kudos to you, my love, you got it right!

So later on my dad decides to take us out for some Indian food. I got a little pissed off because he wanted to go to this complete tourist trap, but he was paying so I shut up. My sister and I walked through the door and my dad followed. Its good to mention at this point that my dad is a BIG man, quite intimidating and not a force to be reckoned with. The following conversation ensued:

Smooth Hindu: Hello girls, table for 2?
Yvonne: No, for three.
Hindu: No, for two, for two.
Yvonne: NO. For THREE.
Hindu: Ah. Do you girls have money?

At this point my sis turns to me with a quizzicle look on her face so I intervene.

Me: I DON'T think I'd go to a restaurant without money.
Hindu: And where do you get your money from?
Yvonne (whispering in my ear): does he think we are prostitutes?
(I didn't feel like dealing with him anymore) Me: Erm...there's my dad right behind me....
Hindu: Then you are 2 verrrrry lucky girls.

What the hell?

Then my dad got mad.

Dad: "I SHOULD LEAVE THIS RESTAURANT RIGHT NOW! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TALKING TO MY DAUGHTERS LIKE THAT!"

Hindu: Oh, I am very sorry, I was only having fun with your girls.

Dad: "NO! YOU WILL NOT HAVE FUN WITH MY GIRLS! (oh Lord, I thought my dad was gonna erupt like a volcano) NOW DIRECT US TO OUR TABLE!"

The waiter kept apologising throughout the whole meal and my dad kept saying its ok and all. It was hilarious.

On saturday I had to think of nursing again, so I conducted more interviews for my thesis. 5 down, 5 to go and it will soon be all over. I can't wait. Then finals, then final practical and I am a nurse! yeeee ha!

Well, today is sunday and my man and I are supposed to spend it together, so we'll see what will happen later.

Hope you have all had a great weekend, much love.

7 Comments:

At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolllll oui ma soeur c est une histoire qui est bien ecrite!
yes i was present for both episodes its all thanks to americas next top model that we started thinking about love handles actually, my bro, poor guy, was the 1st one hit wit d question: WHAT ARE LOVE HANDLES?, now my bro being himself started honking his breasts yes u read correctly HONKING his breasts!. my dad's answer wasnt much better..... ears! pffff a man who has an MA doesnt no wat love handles are.. what has this world come to? lol
nurse pica imagine if we asked d hindu at d restaurant wat love handles were lol den it wud confirm his belief dat we were prostitutes! lol pfff wat a rudey.
another weekend over lets see wat lies ahead dis week!
a bientot ma soeur!

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite hilarious I enjoyed reading it

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006, Blogger noel tanti said...

i don't know whether i should persist in reading your blog...

:P

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006, Blogger nurse pica said...

too inane for you, nigredo, dear?

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006, Blogger noel tanti said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006, Blogger noel tanti said...

not inane, at all...

more like i-have-to-face-some-of-the-people
you-mention-and-then-cant-help
recalling-snippets-of-what-you-describe
and-have-trouble-bottling-it-up

kind of thing...

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006, Blogger nurse pica said...

LOL!!!! hee hee hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home