nurse life

Monday, January 30, 2006

Another day for you and me in paradise



Today was a quiet day, even though there were 40 patients in my ward, mostly bed ridden and rather sick.

Its really grey outside, raining...i took the above photo just this morning while looking out the window at hospital, taking a few moments to think about life before i started the daily routine. I think these moments are when I think mostly clearly and realistically, when I see "the big picture" and realise how really very small I am in this vast world and even though I am just one person, I am still making a difference and doing my best to keep people happy.

Lately I read "The curious incident of the dog in the night time" and it was able to tug at my heart strings and make me feel a certain amount of hope and love. I realised how so many people try to be something they aren't and here is this boy, so honest that he doesn't know how to be anything else and he is therefore loveable. Oh, if only we all knew how to be ourselves. And many people argue that they don't know who that is...well, ofcourse not, most of us were taught how to be someone else from such an early age, no wonder most of us are so confused!

With my patients, I can honestly say I am myself but within reason. when i am in a bad mood, i don't show it. When I couldnt be arsed about what they have to say, I listen anyway...well actually i guess i should consider these instances as being myself...having patience is part of my formidable self, perhaps?

my back hurts...i think im off to be my sleepy self! much love, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home