nurse life

Saturday, January 14, 2006

What a dream!

Last night i had the most fabulous dream.

I was wearing my favourite vintage polka-dot 1950's style skirt and a tight rust-coloured poloneck and black patent leather shoes. I was walking down republic street and all of a sudden the tune for Sinatra's "New York" blared from speakers and I started to sing in the most amazing voice I could muster.

as the song progressed i started dancing down the road and a crowd formed, amazed, bewildered, astounded at the very power of my voice and my ability to manipulate a crowd. They all started following me, dancing with me, all the way down republic street. And they were all people i know: nurses, tutors, lecturers, family, friends, my bf, my ex-bfs, patients, old people in wheelchairs; the works.

When i reached the ID cards place, i jumped on the wall which overlooks the sea, and sang the finale in such power and confidence that i almost startled myself:

"IT'S ALL UP TO YOU, NEW YORK!......NEWWWWWWWWWW YORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!"

The applause was thunderous, the wolf whistles broke the sound barrier and roses were all around me.

Then my dad screamed out "Its 9am, lazy! get up!" and I was back to the real world. Which sucked a bit. but oh well.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a dream! and what a blog! very funny and entertaining!!! johan from sweden, again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home