nurse life

Saturday, December 31, 2005

a funny conversation

yesterday, my man and i went to the cinema. whilst in the lobby, the following discussion took place:

Manfriend: Oh, you look really beautiful 2nite
me: thank-you
Manfriend: Your clothes and hair really suit you.
me: awww, thank-you.
Manfriend: you look so nice in the jewellery i gave you.
me: oh thank-you.

Manfriend: Pica, stop saying thank-you.
me: why? you payed me a compliment, so i said thank-you.
Manfriend: yes, but you say thank-you like its the first time we have ever met!
me: really?
Manfriend: yes, try this (reaches out and shakes my hand)Why, hello Nurse Pica, glad to make your accquaintance! my, thats a lovely watch you're wearing!
me: (still shaking hands) why thank-you....oh my god, you are absolutely right!
Manfriend: told you so.
me: i must change it (thinks a bit) ok, i have an alternative to "oh thank-you". now think of another compliment to give me...
Manfriend: ok...nice coat!
me: thats not a compliment to me, YOU bought me this coat!
Manfriend: heheh, I know, but i can't just think of compliments on demand, it has to come naturally.

(silence)

Manfriend: You have a very pretty face...

*MY BIG MOMENT*

me: why, i most certainly appreciate that.

*PAUSE*


Manfriend: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

oh well. at least i tried.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, December 31, 2005, Blogger sharonspiteri said...

you cracked me up... i can sooooo imagine this happening and i haven't even met you!!! lovely ...

a happy new year to you and the manfriend... why not boyfriend? manfriend sounds almost illicit *grin*

 
At Sunday, January 01, 2006, Blogger nurse pica said...

well, baby, i like to walk on the wild side...just as long as i can say thank-you when its over ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home