nurse life

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Yes, your majesty.

So today the queen came to Malta. I was at work, but when things got a little slow, I sat down with Josephine and watched her walk down the red carpet on a little portable television set on the night-stand.

Josephine: She's an old lady!
Me: Why, yes she is.
Josephine: Just like me!

I took a look at the chipped, sickly colour of the ward's walls, Josephine's snoring roomate, I smelt the ever-present odor of shit and urine. My eyes then settled on her cheap and freshly soiled night-shirt and the green,plastic rosary bead in her hand.

Yes, Josie. Just like you.

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 25, 2005, Blogger Toni Sant said...

This is exactly how the punk movement started in the UK some 30 years ago. Josephine clearly has a punk spirit trapped in the body of a poor elderly woman surrounded by the stench of relegation unto death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home