nurse life

Monday, November 14, 2005

And the men just get hornier!

Had a morning of work at my ward. it was all good, there's a foreign exchange student with us at the moment from finland and she's very nice, a bit of a kiss-ass, but its ok because she doesn't really know any better, so she's excused.

In the four-bedded room there are four red-blooded males, sky-high levels of testosterone and three young student nurses to care for them. this is potentially a recipe for disaster, however we are trained to cope with disaster and our days are empty without it.

To sum up these patients, one is old and toothless and pervy, the other is old, bed-ridden and swears until kingdom come, one wants to talk all the time inspite of his oxygen mask and recent heart attack and the last guy is huge. and i mean HUGE. HUGE! he is seven feet tall and so fat that his flab hangs over the sides of the bed. it is a frightening site to behold. however, he's a nice dude, passes a few idiotic comments, but oh well, its to be expected.

so as we three students walk in, we are greeted with a chorus of pervy statements, many of them in maltese so the foreign student wont understand.

Fatty: oh look, charlie's angels are here! how would you all like to be MY angels!?
(Over my dead body.)

Pervy whispers loudly to Chatty: Wow, i like the one with the big bum! I'd love to get a piece of that!
(Sorry, none of it is detachable.)

Sweary: Fuck you! Fuck all of you! I'll beat you up! I'll pull all your hair out! Fuck your mamas! Fuck your dadas! Fuck your families!
(No comment.)

Apart from my patients, I also have my thesis to think about. everytime i look at it, i find stuff i can improve upon and it seems to never end. I'm already a thousand words over and by tomorrow its going to be even more. i need to conclude and begin my methodology. and i have to do it quickly! Not to mention my IV course which i have to study for and practice for aswell.

This is what final year is all about really...thesis, exams, finals...all so we could be call-girls for horny patients trying to score themselves a sponge-bath.

The world, ofcourse, is but a just place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home