nurse life

Friday, September 02, 2005

machines and such crap

2 days ago i went entirely nuts. i totally lost it and got into a hysterical frenzy. i am usually a very composed individual, i get angry in a cool, calm and sophisticated manner and i dont let things really bother me because i am forever certain that i'll find a way out of any problem.

however, 2 days ago it was different.

i was typing a 4000 wrd assignment, a case study about heart surgery with alot of complications and unexplained blood results and i was sweating bullets just to write a paragraph. to make matters worse it was for the next day. after 3000 wrds i said i'll take a break and go for lunch. so i saved and closed all my windows and turned off my computer and left for the dining room.

when i came back, i turned on the computer, tried to access my text documents and for some reason, they wouldnt open. my whole word program was corrupted and i had lost everything.

and when i say i lost everything, i mean everything in all senses. i went crazy. composure went out the window. i let out a primal scream that could have made a banshee jealous. every curse word i knew fell from my lips. the poor teddy bear sitting on my bed got lynched and thrown against the wall. my anger made me so strong and violent i kind of felt like the incredible hulk, except smaller and not quite so green...but that was altered too, because all of a sudden i began to feel sick. there was this tightening in my stomach and i ran to the toilet and lost my lunch. my heart started to beat faster than ever and i slumped into a corner and watched in vain as my sister and father tried to recover the lost files and the past 5 days of non-stop research on heart surgery.

and i couldnt help but think, look at the amount of stress this put me through. is having a good career really worth all this struggle and all this crap?

the next day, i started from scratch and finished, only to find out that the deadline was moved to another week.

i think im about to do myself in.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, September 03, 2005, Blogger noel tanti said...

god is a bastard with a nasty sense of humour

 
At Saturday, September 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit happens. No other way about it. Er, but please don't go and do yourself in. Just be thankful that you got your assignment ready in time.

 
At Wednesday, September 07, 2005, Blogger saurav said...

nice reading...a very good post....keep it up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home