nurse life

Saturday, July 16, 2005

And the days go by...

Well,well,well, its a fine saturday morning, kind of hot but ok. but best of all I'm off, so no work for this nurse and her day will be spent pampering herself at the hairdresser, watching DVDs and possibly going to the Jazz festival again. Pity its so damn expensive, however it only comes once a year so whatever.

I have to be honest, I'm not the greatest Jazz enthusiast because I could never really get into the whole Jazz aura...I mean, yesterday it felt so weird watching back-ground music live. But I only say that because I haven't yet been roped in by its magic. However, due to my background in theatre, one thing I can really say is that these musicians absolutely love what they do. The expression of pure fun on their faces as they bob their heads to keep time will be stamped in my brain forever.

My man-friend, as my dad calls him, went to seriously enjoy the music. And while I was chatting to my friends I saw him sitting there, at attention, at a distance. He was enjoying himself. I sat next to him and started to rub his neck, because I knew the chairs would cause some discomfort. And as I watched him, I knew he was in pretty much a state of bliss- good music, his woman by his side, massaging his neck in time to the jazzy beats. And paradoxically I started to think to myself, "I bet that more often than not, I suck the joy out of his life with my pettiness because in reality, he's really easy to please." But then my feminist bitch side kicks in telling me that I don't have to please anyone. And then my sweet Nurse Pica reminds me that pleasing others is what I'm compelled to do.

Oh Boy. Then I was horribly confused.

But oh well. I think too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home