nurse life

Thursday, December 15, 2005

reach for the sun

i really like the polyphonic spree, they make me feel so happy and good to be alive and all that kind of mushy stuff. today my day was really rather stressful, so i guess ill reach for the sun cuz 2moro is another day after all

Light And day
Is more than you'll say
Cause allMy feelings
Are more
Than I can let by
Or not
More than you've got
Just follow the day
Follow the day and reach for the SUN
(1:17) (orchestral pandemonium)
You don't see me flying into the red one more you're done
Just follow the seasons, and find the time
Reach for the bright side
You don't see me flying into the red one more you're nuts
Just follow the day
Follow the day and reach for the SUN!
Just follow the day
Follow the day and reach for the SUN!
You don't see me flying into the red one more you're done
Just follow the seasons, and find the time
Reach for the bright side
You don't see me flying into the red one more you're nuts
Just follow the day
Follow the day and reach for the SUN!
Just follow the day
Follow the day and reach for the SUN!
Just follow the day
Follow the day and reach for the SUN!

these guys were chosen by david bowie to front the divine comedy (my fave band) and the music is so uplifting and really apt for an eternal optimist like me.

yesterday i watched sex and the city and it really touched me. there was a bit where carrie and charlotte went to a self-help seminar and carrie really stuck up for charlotte when the leader of the seminar dismissed her problems to a lack of trying. through carrie's, well, caring, charlotte found her eternal optimism once again. which sex in the city character are you? i think i am a blend of charlotte and carrie...

i guess my optimism comes from the fact that my school life was so awful and every night i would tell myself oh well, tomorrow's another day and this is a time that will pass. and it did. and i said that things will definitely get better. and they did. so i do try to be optimistic because even when things are really, really bad, there is always a small fraction of light. all it takes is a little persistance and the ultimate conviction that all the answers are within reach.

good night everyone and much love.

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Its always really interesting reading your (and other) maltese blogs. I'm maltese, living in the Uk and I often get homesick! I've been here for 6 years now. I followed a link from WWWitchie's blog - shes an old friend of mine.
I'm a doctor, now graduated 10 yrs ago and I just wanted to ask you about your nurse training...Did you get any exposure to Oncology, specifically did you get to go to Boffa and see the chemo unit?
Sorry to be talking shop. BTW happy christmas!!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005, Blogger nurse pica said...

yes, i went to boffa and i quite hated it. i got v depressed...almost everyday when i'd go say good bye to my patients at the end of the day i would find one dead. the atmosphere in that place is one of people simply waiting to die. i would never want to work there...

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats such a shame actually. Unfortunately Boffa also has to double up as the Palliative Unit as well as the Acute Cancer Unit, which means that yes, often there are very unwell people lying alongside relatively well people.
Never mind though, just thought I'd ask since Cancer nursing is such a wide-rangeing and exciting subject.Though not for you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home