nurse life

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

and so this is christmas...

well, today im on holiday so im enjoying staying home and not having to go to work, even though the weather is quite depressing...it hasnt stopped raining all day and in malta, if it rains, the whole country stops functioning and proceeds to flood and unless you own a landrover you are basically stuck. mais qu'est-ce qu'on faire?

lately i have been feeling a little fed up because i just want this course to finish, i want my degree and i want to start working and start concentrating on my life. i know that must sound a little odd, but at the moment my thoughts are swamped with academia and there are other things i need to think about and want to think about but there is just no room for in my brain. im almost 22 and i feel like i want to start my career as a nurse and even though there are only a few months left, i am slowly but surely running out of patience. i am exhausted almost all the time and everyone i encounter seems to want something from me...my patients, my age-ing parents, my younger sister, my tutors at school, my colleagues and my friends. its always more of this, less of that, get it done on time, if you don't you're done for, your a BSc student so we expect alot of you....

The problem is i feel like i have run dry and i have given all i have to give and now people are just taking and leaving me in the red. i just feeling like screaming out "STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!" and taking a deep breath or two. i feel like a big pressure cooker and i need to let out my steam. God that sounds sexual.

On a more positive note, my clinical practice is going great, every day i feel more and more prepared for this final exam. my thesis is going along fine though it is a bit of a headache and things between me and my man are good too. i feel like we have reached a sort of comfort zone, where we can appreciate each other's silences and basically bask in them. we have come to accept each other's differences and realise that these are the things that brought us together in the first place. if we were exactly the same, we would never progress in life. i will not call him my better half, i believe 1 and 1 make 2. however i do believe that two minds are better than one and by exposing each other to different schools of thought we benefit as 2 people and as 2 lovers. and right now i am more in love than ever.

i think i'll leave it at that for today. but a few words before i depart:

1)those of you who comment on my blog, i thank you all with all my heart and graces (even you who choose to remain annonymous and write lude and sick things). i like to see my writing appreciated. i wish that you would all, however, tell me who you are and how you know me and how you got to hear about my blog.

2)its the holiday season, a very stressful time of the year, physically, mentally, emotionally and financially. just make an effort to love one another and to keep a well-wishing attitude.

Good tidings i bring to you and your kin, i wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"if it rains, the whole country stops functioning and proceeds to flood and unless you own a landrover you are basically stuck. mais qu'est-ce qu'on faire?"

Hey, buy yourself a landy :o)


"On a more positive note, my clinical practice is going great, every day i feel more and more prepared for this final exam. my thesis is going along fine though it is a bit of a headache..."

Go for it girl. You're charming and witty....and much cleverer than you give yourself credit for. Your last year will be a breeze and before you realise it it will soon be over. When you get settled into your professional life, you will probably look back and wish you were still studying. Such is life.


"...and things between me and my man are good too. i feel like we have reached a sort of comfort zone, where we can appreciate each other's silences and basically bask in them...."

It's called love. You lucky, lucky thing. (and your man is lucky too to have found you).

"i wish that you would all, however, tell me who you are and how you know me and how you got to hear about my blog."

Who I am: 30 yr old bright, young, well adjusted heterosexual boy :o) I have replied as "anonymous" in previous posts, I only got to know aboutthe "chose an identity" function today. From today onwards, I will be posting as "bambam", a nick I used to use on IRC a Gazillion years ago, and nick I still use on forums. What else can I tell you?

How I know you: Through your blogs, how else?


How I got to hear about your blog:
Guess I had nothing better to do and started trawlingt through the net for blogs, especially local ones. Most blogs are crappy, who wants to read about someone going to Valletta to but a pair of shoes? Your blog, on the other hand is damn entertaining, the bestest I have come across so far.


"Good tidings i bring to you and your kin, i wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year."

Same to you Pica, keep blogging X X X

 
At Saturday, December 17, 2005, Blogger nurse pica said...

thanks for your lovely comments :) i truly appreciate those who appreciate my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home