nurse life

Monday, June 20, 2005

Coats can be deceiving...

This is something I did around christmas time...i still can't show my face in Nicholsons in Attard after this episode.

My mum's side of the family are nuts. Absolutely crazy. Which is why I love them and feel so comfortable around them. The make me realise where some of my nut-so behaviour comes from and thus i console myself. So when my mum invited them all for christmas tea I was more than pleased.

So off we went together to the supermarket, buying things to fill up our rectangular 3m x 2m glass table, cuz my mum believes that it isnt a real tea unless the whole table is full of food.

at a point I got bored and wandered off, and what did I see? The most delicious thing one could ever eat: Cadbury Chocolate Chip biscuits, the luxury pack. My mum doesnt really like to buy such unhealthy food, but hell, it was christmas and if i asked her tactfully, i knew the answer would be yes.

so i looked around for my mum, saw her brown coat, approached her trolley and in a voice that sounded like i had a pole up my ass, i placed the biscuits on the rim of her trolley and said:

"Eat me! Eat me! Yummy! Woo hoo!" while shaking the packet about.

Silence.

I looked up into the brown-coated lady's eyes and they weren't my mother's. I looked at the biscuits and then back at the lady who looked like a constipated tortoise.

"Oh, heh heh, sorry, bye!"

This is not the most embarassing moment in my life, but it definitely ranks in the top 20 :)

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 20, 2005, Blogger sharonspiteri said...

lovely... i laughed out loud at this one :)

 
At Tuesday, June 21, 2005, Blogger gybexi said...

something similar happened to me when I was young (oh the days gone by!).

I used to work at pizza hut (ack!) and as I started my shift I spotted two friends of mine who I hadn't seen in at least a year at a table getting ready to leave (they were still waiting for their bill).

they were both kind of looking down and I got them their bill and said "Issa ejja ta! tkunux is-soltu qammiela u ma thallux tips! halluli naqra flus ghax jaghrallkhom!" and they didn't say a word but left tips. as they were getting up to leave I noticed it wasn't them at all.

but, hey, the "tips thru intimidation" system seems to work anyway... maybe I should have carried a knife around just in case they don't tip.

hajjet il-wejter eh?

 
At Wednesday, June 22, 2005, Blogger nurse pica said...

lolololol! how i wish u actually did it! lololol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home