nurse life

Friday, June 10, 2005

Where have all the flowers gone?

Sometimes I feel like i'm going insane and i think my philosophy on life is completely warped. I cant believe the lack of compassion that exists among people as young as us, people who believe that you should give someone as much shit as possible so he becomes a stronger person.

Now how completely warped is that? Beat someone with actions or words until they become crippled so they can become stronger. what a load of shit! And then people tell me that bullying and abuse is something that everyone has to go through in order to "prepare you for life" because life is full of "dicks, assholes and pussies, and no1 wants to be a pussy".

Well what about all those others who aren't? It honestly makes me retch to think that all people can focus on is the bleak part of life...or maybe their lives are already so bleak that its impossible to break that wall now.

What irks me most about all this is the attitude some people have about abuse...they tell me, look i was bullied and i never asked for help, i confronted it, i wasnt a pussy.

Perhaps, but most of these people who turned out so inexplicably well are ex-drug addicts, have many failed relationships and can only view the world as being full of "dicks and pussies"... all behaviours which often have stemmed from some kind of abuse.

So I really dont know. Is it my philosophy, which is really quite like Plato who always tried to seek knowledge of the good, that is so mistaken? Where have all the flowers gone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home