nurse life

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Meow.

Yesterday I had to go to work to chose a patient for my practical exam. In this ward there happened to be a patient with mental disabilities. This patient required an operaton, and operations are not carried out in mental institutions so lo and behold, there she was, in the ward I have chosen to do my exam.

Throughout the course of the morning I kept hearing this faint "Mew! mew!" around the ward. I kept telling myself, I'm going nuts, I'm hearing things, until I approached this patient's room, where I saw her hungrily attempting to eat a live kitten. She had the orange ball of fluff in her hand and was gnawing at it. All the poor kitten could say was "Mew!"

"Put the kitten in my hand!" I said sternly.
"NO." said the patient, sternly.
"Give me the kitten right now! You don't eat kittens!"
"Its like chicken."
"No its not, it has hair! And its orange! And it meows!"
"Mew!" said the kitten, appropriately.

With reluctance, she put the kitten in my hand. It was no bigger than my 2 hands cupped together, his eyes hardly open. I took him to the treatment room and wiped the spit off him and let him free in the garden where there are other cats always running around.

I have now seen everything.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg omg omg ... stilo jessica simpson and d chicken of the sea

 
At Tuesday, June 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm have 2 identical posts apart from spelling mistake. sorry

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Blogger gybexi said...

good lord...

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Blogger GennMalti said...

Hi nurse pica! just wanted to thank you for posting a comment on my blog! Your blog is pretty good too - keep up the good work! Email if you like!

Genn Malti
gennmalti@gmail.com

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Blogger Erezija said...

how did the kitten get so close to the anteroom of death anyway? is it hygienic?

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2005, Blogger nurse pica said...

it probably crawled in from the basement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home