nurse life

Saturday, June 25, 2005

roly poly

i have noticed more than ever how weight conscious i am. it drives me crazy.

my mother consistently says i am very fat. she used to say it even when i was quite skinny. however today i realised those days are gone and im not so skinny anymore. however i dont believe i have a problem, but my mother does, therefore i am dieting.

tonite i ate lettuce, tomatoes, tuna fish without oil and 1 slice of bread. oh and an apple. which is all great for me, but kind of bad when u watch the rest of your family guzzle down somerset pork with gravy poured all over it.

sometimes my mother makes me really miserable, makes me feel like i am the worst person on earth. and the ugliest. i know i'm neither, but when u are told such things on a daily basis, u start to wonder just how many elements of truth are in such accusations.

i suppose its for my own good...but it really doesnt make me feel good. dieting and eating healthy is fine...being insulted and feeling like shit isn't.

oh what the fuck am i moaning about. if i don't think about it too much, its no big deal and no top priority. don't think, don't amplify.
and 99 red balloons go by.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, June 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don;t care what anybody says - you're beautiful, sexy and adorable ;)xx

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005, Blogger gybexi said...

don't worry about it too much - I've got your same problem (minus the nagging mum).

the last time I was in Malta I had to face a whole roman battalion of relatives and instead of they said "you're fat". SPQR and everything...

it's not that I'm fat - it's that I was always anorexically, toothpickly, waferly, broom bristley thin.

although lately I managed to lose some weight again. i'm not sure how...

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005, Blogger Michelle said...

Sometimes parents will say things that are hurtful and nerve racking. I am sure she means well, but sometimes people don't have anyway of showing tact. My father has an excellent way of making me feel like shit. And this is probably why I will forever stay 3,000 miles away from home.

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005, Blogger malta blogger said...

Perhaps you could try Atkins - it works.

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005, Blogger nurse pica said...

it gives heart disease, cuz u cut out carbs but then eat fat-filled foods like cheese and cream and red meat, high in cholesterol and fat which clogs the arteries and will send u to the grave. i prefer my pear-shaped figure to a coffin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home