nurse life

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Not again!

Well, on tuesday i was sent to bathe this old man who i had really got quite used to. he could not move, walk, talk or eat. he was basically a dead person with a pulse. i was constantly waving flies off him because they would settle on his face. he had a bed sore that reached the bone and i was able to see his nerves. he would never eat but always have copious amounts of diarrhoea. as i was cleaning him, i told my colleague "this dude would be better off dead."

and that night he died.

jesus, this is getting spooky. this has happened to me before but i dont think i can ever really not be a bit weirded-out by the whole affair. for me this is scary shit. i know its not my fault he died. and he was 94...

there is a patient on my ward who simulates idiocy and incapability so he can get the nurses to bed bathe him. when my friend forced this guy to wash himself, when he got to his belly-button he started to giggle in anticipation of being able to progress further down his anatomy. eugh.

well, apart from that my day was relatively normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home